DIPLOMA LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT BSB51915
DIPLOMA OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT BSB51915 – INTRODUCTION
The Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 is for anyone who wants to be a better leader and manager or learn about the subject for the first time.
Our Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 offers theory, but also requires participation in learning activities, including leading teams in simulated work environments and presenting ideas to others.
The course asks you to lead and manage, and you can’t do that by sitting and watching, you must get up and participate. We don’t judge, we just teach, so it’s a safe environment to practice and learn.
You will learn through:
- Real-life industry case-study scenarios
- High-quality learning material
- Job-ready templates
The Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the course. This formal Australian qualification is recognised globally and provides you with credits towards higher education.
The objective of the Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 is to teach you to apply leadership and management knowledge and skills in the aviation industry.
Given a variety of aviation workplace scenarios, you are asked to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined responsibility in known or changing contexts, using defined leadership models, prescribed business tools and systematic methods of managing people and processes.
The objective of the course extends to coaching and building your confidence to lead and manage in a variety of workplace scenarios.
You will learn how to:
- Plan, organise, implement and monitor your own workload and the workload of others;
- Use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational requirements;
- Plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- You will learn good leadership principles and logical methods of managing complex systems.
Next course starts:
Next course starts:
Course Fee: $ 7,200*
*Payable over 5 instalments
Part 1: Leadership foundations
Measure your leadership skills and learn where you need to improve, develop emotional intelligence with a role-play scenario and practice effective communication techniques in our communication simulator.
- Develop and use emotional intelligence BSBLDR501
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships BSBLDR502
- Manage personal work priorities and personal development BSBWOR501
Part 2: Leading people and teams for high performance
If you are a leader or manager you need to be able to work with, lead and manage people. Through group work and discussion with industry guest speakers, we teach you how to get the best performance from yourself and your team.
- Lead and manage team effectiveness BSBWOR502
- Communicate with influence BSBLDR503
- Manage people performance BSBMGT502
Part 3: Managing business operations
Manage yourself and others effectively using standard business tools: operational plans, project management tools and risk assessment templates. Learn to plan, and, control projects and manage risk using our tools and scenario-based methods taken from industry case studies.
- Manage operational plan BSBMGT517
- Undertake project work BSBPMG522
- Manage risk BSBRSK501
Part 4: Managing diversity and continuous improvement
This final workshop discusses continuous improvement, diversity and effective management practices. Learn how to manage diverse groups in an environment of continuous change. You will see how far you have come as a leader, since your first workshop.
- Facilitate continuous improvement BSBMGT516
- Implement diversity in the workplace BSBLDR504
- Manage Meetings BSBADM502
The Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 is taught over 12 months. There are two semesters each calendar year. The course units are divided into four workshops. Each workshop is taught in each semester. Students may attend any workshop and work to their own roster, however the course must be completed within 12 months from the date of admission.
See the workshop dates section to enrol in a workshop.
RPL students may enrol any time and must complete all assessments within 12 months from the date of admission.
Following prerequisites apply for the admission to the Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
- A sufficient level of English language. To demonstrate your English language competency you can provide us evidence of: English language proficiency (Year 11 English or equivalent) and a minimum of six month of vocational experience or contact us to schedule a language, literacy and numeracy assessment OR
- A nationally recognised qualification at the Certificate III level or higher, OR
- At least two years of relevant experience in an operational role.
Following prerequisites apply for the admission for enrolment to the recognition of prior learning (RPL) pathway.
If you have the following experience, you may apply for formal recognition of prior learning.
- Professional flight crew with five years of command experience (Commercial IFR operations in a multi-crew aircraft)
- Government inspector (Flight Operations or Airworthiness) with five years of operational experience as a team leader
- Flight Instructor (Grade 1) with seven years of operational experience
- Manager of flight operations (Base manager, line manager of commercial operations) with five years of operational experience
- LAME with five years of operational experience as a LAME
- Cabin supervisor or manager (aircraft with more than 50 passenger seats) with seven years of supervisory experience
- Safety department supervisor or lead investigator with seven years of operational experience
- Aerodrome supervisor or manager with seven years of operational experience
- Airline ground operations supervisor or manager with seven years of operational experience.
|Diploma of Leadership and Management||Dates||Availability||Apply|
Classroom course fee
*Payable over 5 instalments
Recognition of prior learning fee
Our Institute is located in the heart of Brisbane’s beautiful CBD. All workshops are delivered in our training rooms located on Level 5, 10 Market Street Brisbane, Australia. The Institute is within walking distance of cafes, public transport (busses, train and city-cat ferry) hotels and shops.
|Diploma||Advanced Diploma||Graduate Diploma|
|BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management||BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management||BSB80215 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership|
The purpose of the Diploma qualification type is to qualify individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning. Diploma qualifications are located at level 5 of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Our diploma qualifications are designed and accredited to enable graduates to demonstrate the learning outcomes expressed as knowledge, skills and the application of knowledge and skills specified in the level 5 criteria and the Diploma descriptor. Diploma qualifications allow pathways to higher education.
It’s important that you understand our policies, your rights and obligations. Please download your student handbook.
Q: Do I need to do homework?
A: Yes, there is a homework that you need to do. Each class is taught in three parts: lecture, tutorial and then prac. You need to repeat the prac as homework. But don’t worry, it’s not impossible, but you will need to dedicate a bit of time in the evening and during the weekend. Once the course is finished, and provided you completed all of the exercises and tests, there is no more homework: you’re done.
There are two study modes available for the Diploma of Leadership and Management:
WHY ASSET AVIATION INSTITUTE
We offer the highest of quality training to both individuals and industry personnel. We will teach you how to be a better leader and manager, coach you along as you develop your skills and ensure that you are competent and confident before you leave the Institute. You will be ready to work.
Our professional instructors are carefully selected respected experts, with considerable experience and knowledge in their field. But most importantly, our instructors are teachers: their role is to help you learn and build your competence. They do this by sharing with your their years of operational history and experience.