Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) Training and Assessment
Aeronautical radio operator certificate (AROC) – INTRODUCTION
This course is for individuals who need an aeronautical radio operator certificate (AROC) to transmit and receive aviation radio transmissions. Our AROC course will teach you the skills and knowledge required to :
- Set up and operate an aeronautical radio
- Manage radio equipment malfunctions
- Learn aviation radio phraseology including the Aviation English Language Proficiency test (AELP)
You will leave the Institute with fresh knowledge, confidence and competence.
When you successfully complete this course and all assessments, you will be awarded the nationally recognised Aeronautical Radio Operator Skill Set AVISS00074 and the Aviation English Language Proficiency Test (AELP) level 6.
The Institute will provide you with all necessary paperwork to apply to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) for the issuance of the AROC.
AROC training and assessment
AROC training and assessment
Next course: We deliver our AROC training on request. Complete our course registration form below and indicate your preferred date. When we receive your course registration form we will contact you to confirm the date.
Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) – COURSE INFORMATION
Workshop: Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate – AROC
The following units must be completed to achieve AROC.
- AVIE0003 Operate aeronautical radio
- Aviation English Language Proficiency test (AELP)
Our Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) training and assessment is delivered over one-day workshop.
To participate in our Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) training you must have:
- You need to be at least 17 years of age
- A sufficient level of English language. To demonstrate your English language competency you can provide us evidence of: English language proficiency (Year 10 English or equivalent) or contact us to schedule a language, literacy and numeracy assessment
- An Australian driver’s licence.
We deliver our AROC training on request. Complete our course registration form below and indicate your preferred date. When we receive your course registration form we will contact you to confirm the date.
Total course fee with AELP test is $500.
Course fee without AELP test is $300.
This price is all-inclusive and encompasses:
- Tuition and assessment fee
- AROC training and assessment is delivered on request from ASSET Aviation Institute in Brisbane, or in-house.
- AELP test level 6 is delivered on request from the Institute in Brisbane.
- If you are a corporate client we can come to you for in-house training.
Our AROC course is delivered in a classroom environment over one day. You will be required to study material and practice exercises that we will provide to you.
It’s important that you understand our policies, your rights and obligations. Please download your student handbook.
Do I need an AROC?
You need an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) if you need to communicate on an aviation air-band radio frequency and not already licenced or qualified.
Am I eligible?
To obtain an AROC, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old
- Have an aviation reference number – apply to CASA online.
- Have completed AROC training through a registered training organisation or a person/ organisation who holds a CASR Part 64.012 approval to conduct AROC training and assessments
- Have been assessed as meeting the required AROC competency
- Have a current English Language Proficiency assessment – this may be an AELP assessment at level 4, 5 or 6 or a GELP assessment
At ASSET Aviation Institute we provide AROC training and assessment as well as an AELP assessment level 6.
WHY ASSET AVIATION INSTITUTE
We offer the highest quality of training in Aerodrome Operations, Aviation Safety Management Systems and Leadership to both individuals and industry personnel. We will teach you how to perform your tasks efficiently. We will coach you along through the program as you develop your skills and ensure that you are competent and confident, before you leave the Institute. You will be ready to work.
Our professional instructors are carefully selected respected experts, with considerable experience and knowledge in their field. Our instructors are all international safety practitioners, managers and leaders with decades of operational experience for some of the world’s largest organisations. But most importantly, our instructors are teachers: their role is to help you learn and build your competence. They do this by sharing with your their years of operational history and experience and offering a guiding hand to get you through the program.
We share your passion for further advancing your professional development within the aviation industry. Our courses are designed in consultation with industry experts in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (AC139) Standards, Australian Skills and Qualifications Standards, and ICAO principles.
What our clients say
This course is well structured with a mix of classroom and practical work. The small class size enables a personal interaction with the instructor. Students obtain both the ARO & WSO accreditation with knowledge, and tools to learn further.
This is an excellent course for Aerodrome Reporting Officer training. The instructor has a broad depth of knowledge in Aviation, and Aerodrome Operations. The course delivery is effective, and designed for maximum learning. Thank you ASSET Aviation.